IMPACT WINDOWS AND DOORSalso known as hurricane windows, high impact windows or impact resistant windows
Impact windows are an excellent alternative to hurricane shutters or storm panels. We offer both aluminum-frame impact windows and vinyl-frame impact windows. When struck by flying debris during a storm, impact windows are designed to stay in one piece, protecting the building from the devastating effects of high winds. At very competitive prices, you can purchase our impact-resistant windows and doors and obtain the following important benefits:
24-HR HURRICANE AND BURGLARY PROTECTIONInstall our custom-designed impact windows and obtain 24-hour hurricane protection, avoiding the hassle of putting up and taking down storm panels. With our lines of impact windows and doors you not only obtain hurricane protection, but also protect yourself and your family against burglaries. Hurricane windows are built with a PVB interlayer sealed in between two layers of glass which makes break-ins more difficult to occur. Although the laminated glass in our impact windows is not 100% burglar proof, it can serve as an excellent burglar deterrent. Statistically, one third of burglars will gain entry through a window, while the remaining two thirds will get in through an insecure door. Having impact windows and doors installed in your house can offer you the extra time your alarm system needs to advise the police in case of a break-in.
IMPROVED ENERGY-EFFICIENT WINDOWSDrop your utility bills and realize important electrical savings by installing our impact-resistant products, which are built of heavy-duty aluminum and vinyl frames with double-glazed panes. Equipped with the right glazing option, our impact windows are much more energy efficient than the existing single-glazed windows. Today, homeowners prefer large panoramic openings that provide uninterrupted views. However, this architectural trend comes at an increased utility bill due to the greater sun exposures. Large, single-glazed windows allow heat or cold transfer from the outside to the inside of the property. In contrast, impact windows provide excellent insulating capabilities, helping isolate interior spaces from the outdoor weather changes and contributing to important utility bill savings.
INSURANCE PREMIUM DISCOUNTSImpact windows and doors are effective windstorm protective systems recognized by insurance companies such as Citizens Property Insurance Corporation. If all of the house openings are protected with these types of windows or doors, policyholders can obtain up to 45% premium discounts, reducing the effective price or cost of installing the windows.
PROVEN QUALITYApproved by Miami-Dade County, our impact-resistant windows and doors are made of high-grade aluminum and vinyl framing built to last for a long time and designed to withstand the Florida climate. Astor Windows carry products made by Florida's leading manufacturers of impact-resistant windows and doors. With 20 years of proven track records of building glass-and-glazing components for the coastal areas, our manufacturers offer us peace of mind that the products we install will perform when needed.
SIGNIFICANT NOISE REDUCTIONOur hurricane impact windows and doors help reduce outdoor noise significantly. Our client testimonials confirm that impact-resistant glass is a great contributor to bringing peace and quiet environments inside the house or property. For homeonwers who live near busy intersections, highways or heavy traffic, installing our hurricane impact windows and doors has proven to be an effective noise attenuation solution. Please see the video below filmed at one of our completed projects in Miami. Construction crew was working outside this house when we were supervising the end of the window installation. You can notice the significant noise reduction accomplished with a casement window.
MAXIMUM UV PROTECTIONHurricane windows and doors provide 99% blockage of ultraviolet (U-V) light, protecting your valuable interiors, including your favorite photographs, loveseats, Persian rugs and even your flooring, from fading or discoloring after repeated exposure to direct sunlight. This characteristic is particular important for us in Florida where we can enjoy the direct sunshine all year round. Our lines of high impact windows act like sunscreen to your house, blocking the damaging U-V without noticeably reducing visible light.
RELIABLE WARRANTY ON PRODUCT AND LABORWhen Astor Windows sells and installs impact windows for your home or commercial property, you are buying peace of mind. You obtain five (5) years warranty on the installation labor, and up to lifetime warranty on the product. Read more about specific warranties offered by our manufacturers in the manufacturer's profile section. Some products carry a 5-year warranty while others provide a lifetime warranty. With Astor Windows you receive excellent customer service at competitive prices.
SHOWROOMCome and visit our 3,000-square-foot showroom, displaying a wide selection of impact windows and doors. We have products from CGI Windows and Doors, PGT Industries (PGT windows), Lawson Industries (Lawson windows) and other manufacturers.
SERVICES WE OFFERWe supply and install impact windows and doors for both residential and commercial applications. We offer the following services:
- Domestic Supply: Wholesale and retail supply of windows and doors in South Florida. Check our inventory of impact windows and doors in stock. We don't offer delivery service as our supply sales are tailored to third-party installers who perform the work for end clients. For clarification purposes, we only deliver orders when Astor Windows will perform the installation.
- Export Sales: Supply of windows and doors for foreign clients, including customers in living in the Caribbean Islands. We deliver free of charge to freight forward companies in Florida.
- Supply and Installation: Supply and installation of impact windows and doors for both retrofit and new construction projects in South Florida. We offer turn-key solutions, from the design phase to value wind engineering to the finish work. Although we are licensed and insured to work in the entire state of Florida, we currently cover a limited terrority in Miami-Dade County.
SERVICES WE DON'T PROVIDE
- Delivery service of orders not installed by Astor Windows.
- Re-glazing (glass change) of windows or doors NOT sold by Astor Windows.
- General repairs of windows and doors NOT sold by Astor Windows.
- Installation of windows and doors NOT sold by Astor Windows.
- Supply glass only. We sell the entire window or door as a component.
PEACE OF MINDAll of the impact windows and doors we carry have Miami-Dade County Notice of Acceptance (NOA), an approval required by most of the municipalities in South Florida. Astor Windows enjoys an outstanding reputation among homeonwers and contractors, having more than 350 completed projects in South Florida with an impressive rating of 4.9 over 5.0 in customer satisfaction. Please ask our project managers and sales representatives for hard copies of our customer ratings.
SUPPORT OUR LOCAL ECONOMYWe deal with manufacturers of impact windows and doors based out of Florida.
- Schedule an appoinment: Need to have impact windows or doors professionally installed? Contact us to schedule a free onsite consultation
- Learn about impact windows: Read our blog about impact windows at impactwindows.net.
- Learn about Astor Windows: Read our blog concerning Astor's latest news and current projects or visit our Facebook page to browse through pictures of current and finished projects. Also, visit our photo gallery section for additional pictures.
Visit our showroom to see a large selection of impact windows and doors on display.
Improve Energy Efficiency
Upgrade energy-consuming equipment in buildings with the latest technologies and enjoy the financial benefits by reducing energy consumption in your business or home. Learn more.
Astor Windows offers a large variety of high-end door handlesets and hardware at handlesetdepot.com.
Beautiful Entrance Doors
Visit our entry door section to browse through the beautiful selection of impact entry doors manufactured by CGI Windows.